Preventative Dental Care Trinity FL
We value maintaining the oral health of our patients, one appointment at a time.It is important that you are practicing good oral hygiene at home and following up with regular checkups with your dentist at our office. Preventative dentistry is incredibly important for maintaining a beautiful smile.
Hereare a few tips to get prevent the build-up of plaque, tartar, and cavities:
- Always brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Use toothpaste containing fluoride to remove food particles and keep cavities from forming.Also brush the surface of your tongue to help fight bad breath.
- Remember to floss at least once a day. You can also use a mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Floss and mouthwash will work together to help remove plaque and particulates from between the teeth and under your gums.
- Try to avoid eating foods with excessive sugar to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. We recommend eating nutritious foods like vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese, or fruit. These can help keep your smile healthy for years to come, and prevent erosion of the enamel.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants at your next visit. Sealants are a protective plastic coating that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay often starts, helping to stop cavities before they can have a chance to grow.
- If you actively play sports, be sure to ask your dentist about special mouth guards designed to protect your smile from breaks, cracks, chips, and other issues.
Brushing: Step 1
Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gum.
Brushing: Step 2
Brush gently in a circular motion.
Brushing: Step 3
Brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
Brushing: Step 4
Use the tip of your brush for the inner surface of your front teeth.
Flossing: Step 1
Wind about 18 inches of floss around your fingers as shown. Most of it should be wrapped around one finger, and the other finger takes it up as the floss is used.
Flossing: Step 2
Use your thumbs and forefingers to guide about one inch of floss between your teeth.
Flossing: Step 3
Holding the floss tightly, gently saw it between your teeth.Then curve the floss into a C-shape against one tooth and gently slide it beneath your gums.
Flossing: Step 4
Slide the floss up and down, repeating for each tooth.
Are You Looking for Preventative Care in Trinity FL?
Our goal is to provide you with a lasting smile that you can be proud of. If it’s been at least six months since your last dental checkup, then it’s definitely time to contact our practice and schedule your next appointment at Douglas Dentistry. We provide high quality preventative dental care in Trinity.